Sunday, September 5, 2010

First (and last) full day in Beijing

This is Tom again.  Christy may post some from China herself, but until then, she's gonna email me and I'll post.  I received this one from her this morning (Sunday) at 11:00:

"Hey!  This is gonna be quick.  It is 11:00 and we need to be downstairs by 5:20.  Our flights to the different provinces leave out early.  We will go straight from the airport to pick up Lucy.  Needless to say, I have a few butterflies.


"We have had an awesome day!  Great weather - started the day off at a Christian church service that was awesome.  Nothing like worshiping with foreigners, but you know all about that.  It was the same church we went to 5 years ago (when we adopted Lily), and it has grown so much.  So many Chinese in the service this time.  That room, if you remember it, was almost packed.


"Then to lunch, jade factory, then the Great Wall (weather was nice), then to dinner, then an acrobatic show.  All were good.  All 3 meals were yummy today.  Could not believe it.  I thought I might lose weight on this trip.  I was not supposed to like the food.  I am sure we will get tired of the Chinese in a couple of days, but for today, it was really good.


"Lauren just fell asleep watching Chinese Pooh and Tigger.  I am going to try my best to get some sleep.


"I cannot believe we meet Lucy in the morning!!!  It is sooo much fun hearing all of the other families talking about meeting their daughters.  A couple of the families have waited 5 long years.  And it is their first babies.  I so wish we could see their Gotcha moments.  We will meet back up with them at the end of the week and that will be fun to see.  A lot of first time moms and dads."

Sounds like everything so far has gone without a hitch.  Thank you so much for praying.  Please pray for the girls tomorrow as they fly to Lucy's province (Liaoning) and meet Lucy for the first time.  I can't believe how anxious they all are.  I grew anxious today just thinking about the meeting.  Also pray for Lucy.  Can't imagine what will go through her mind.  Since they are going straight from the airport to meet Lucy, I'm guessing that the meeting will happen around 10:30 or 11:00 on Monday morning, which would be 10:30 or 11:00 tonight (Sunday night).  Please be in prayer for all involved.

3 comments:

Jennifer DelaCourt said...

Thanks for the map Tom! My kids were just asking me today exactly where they would be! Also tell Christy we loved her email. It is nice to hear from her! Praying!

Unknown said...

Hey everyone! Cannot wait to hear all about meeting Lucy! The girls like that Lauren was watching pooh! Will continue praying! Thanks for the updates!

Shelley said...

Anxiously awaiting the next update and praying while we wait! I was in Christy's shoes just 6 weeks ago so the memories are fresh! I can't wait to see pictures!