Thursday, June 25, 2009

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." (Ps. 126:3)

"Nothing is more appropriate than jumping up and down for joy over answered prayer. Sometimes we confuse humility with timidity. When God comes through for us, a timid and tentative thanks is not only out of place: it's anticlimactic." - Beth Moore

"Daniel-like prayer warriors are Daniel-like worshipers. PRAY ON!!! Answers will come, and your joy will be complete."- Beth Moore

These are powerful quotes from a Bible Study that I am doing this summer. If you have never been a part of a Beth Moore study, I would highly suggest you find one in your area.

Last weeks lesson was soooo appropriate for all that unfolded last week in our adoption. Believe me when I say that MOUNTAINS have been moved and I am certain it is because of YOUR prayers. And believe me when I say that our joy IS FULL!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!

I wish I could share with you every detail of what has happened over the past month, so you could see the hand of God moving all through it. I cannot do that for various reasons, but I will do my best to summarize.

Our contact to the orphanage received a short e-mail last month that simply stated that there was a family in China that wanted to adopt Lucy. No other details along with it. Days (seemed likes years) passed by before we knew anything more. Questions flooded our minds like, "Are they days away from taking her?" "Will we ever know where she is?" "Does she like them?" "Where did they come from?" Needless to say, we were quite shaken. But ultimately knew that this did not surprise God. He had a plan. We had to trust!

Does any mother give up without a fight? Not many of us. I was willing to except this if I knew for certain this is what God wanted. We did not feel in our hearts that this was God's plan. Could we just sit still and be done with it? Nope. Besides, we have too many friends and family that have been praying and pulling for this child that I do not even think we could let that happen.

A month has passed since we found out that disturbing news. I have shed a bucket load of tears, grown a few more gray hairs, but have done my very best (most days) at giving it over to the One that is in complete control. I admit, many days I wondered if this whole thing has happened to build my trust. Not Tom's - he is much better at that, but mine.

With all of that being said, there is a dear couple from Florida that is there this week spending time at the orphanage. They are there after many prayed for the swine flu ban to be lifted. Not clear yet if the ban was lifted, but they are there! Anyway, we received GREAT news from them!!! It seems as though the family that was interested in Lucy is nowhere in the picture. And this American couple was told that the orphanage would be sending Lucy and Betty's paperwork over to the consulate at the beginning of July! Our paperwork should be there shortly after that! Thus we could be right back on track as if none of this had ever happened.

Surely we will not act as if this never happened. It will always be a part of Lucy's story and GOD will always get the glory!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer DelaCourt said...

We are so glad for some good news! We are praying for the rest of the paperwork to move quickly!
The DelaCourts